Visitors to the RUB Chinese Garden delve into a different world. A waterfall, pavilions and brick carvings enchant everyone. Rated R for romantic!
Materials Science and Simulation
... looks into questions such as ...
- Which changes at the atomic level affect the macrostructure?
- Which properties do materials have regarding their physical structure and mechanical specifications?
- How can certain materials, e.g. steel, be processed for the finished product to meet specific requirements?
- Which properties of a material are affected by changes to the microstructure?
- How can materials be processed to meet the high requirements of, for example, the aviation and aerospace industry?
Materials Science and Simulation, Master 1 subject
What's it all about?
This degree programme is unique, because ...
it integrated both multi-scale simulation techniques and state-of-the-art experimental analysis processes and promotes hands-on application of the acquired skills in a project-focused team within an interdisciplinary field.
It provides the opportunity to specialise in the following fields
- Multi-scale material modelling
- Physical and mechanical material properties
- Microstructure-property relationships
- Numerical modelling
- Material processing and characterisation
- Light elements in metallic alloys
- Materials for aviation and aerospace applications
Who is suited?
Those who wish to enrol in this degree programme,
basic understanding of the behaviour and numerical modelling of materials, substantial understanding of material science or solid-state physics
an international, interdisciplinary and intercultural field
... struggle through:
quantum mechanics, thermodynamics, material properties and characterisation, implementation of physical and mathematical models in simulation applications, basic programming
This degree programme is suited for graduates in the following subjects
- Material Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Construction Engineering
- Computer Science
Graduates from this degree programme frequently work
- in academia
- in research institutes
- in R&D departments in the industry