Even Julius Brink and Jonas Reckermann started out small, before going for gold in London 2012. Let’s see whether the university’s beach volleyball team will get just as far.
Laser and Photonics
... looks into questions such as ...
- How can data transmission be accelerated?
- How can data storage become more efficient?
- How can material processing be optimised?
- How can optical imaging be optimised?
- How can laser production become more efficient, faster and more powerful?
Laser and Photonics, Master 1 subject
What's it all about?
This degree programme is unique, because ...
students are given the opportunity to participate in industry-leading interdisciplinary research projects and top-ranking publications and to visit our research partners worldwide from the outset.
It provides the opportunity to specialise in the following fields
- Semiconductor lasers
- Terahertz technology
- State-of-the-art optics and measurement technology
- Optical spectroscopy and new materials
- Micromanipulation and spectroscopy
- Micro structuring and composites
- Photovoltaics and thin layer chromatography
Who is suited?
Those who wish to enrol in this degree programme,
substantial understanding of physics and mathematics, excellent English-language skills
logical reasoning, understanding technological principles, making new discoveries and creating new designs, and promoting innovation
... struggle through:
different problems and scientific issues in the fields of optics and photonics
This degree programme is suited for graduates in the following subjects
- Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- related subjects such as Material Science
Graduates from this degree programme frequently work
- as researchers
- as developers
- as consultancy providers
- as project managers
- as executive staff
An internship ...
Studying abroad ...
can be done voluntarily.