The Kulturcafé is more than just the go-to place for everyone who fancies a coffee or a snack. In the evenings, guests are entertained by music, readings and more.
Laser and Photonics
... looks into questions such as ...
- How can data transmission be accelerated?
- How can data storage become more efficient?
- How can material processing be optimised?
- How can optical imaging be optimised?
- How can laser production become more efficient, faster and more powerful?
Laser and Photonics, Master 1 subject
What's it all about?
This degree programme is unique, because ...
students are given the opportunity to participate in industry-leading interdisciplinary research projects and top-ranking publications and to visit our research partners worldwide from the outset.
It provides the opportunity to specialise in the following fields
- Semiconductor lasers
- Terahertz technology
- State-of-the-art optics and measurement technology
- Optical spectroscopy and new materials
- Micromanipulation and spectroscopy
- Micro structuring and composites
- Photovoltaics and thin layer chromatography
Who is suited?
Those who wish to enrol in this degree programme,
substantial understanding of physics and mathematics, excellent English-language skills
logical reasoning, understanding technological principles, making new discoveries and creating new designs, and promoting innovation
... struggle through:
different problems and scientific issues in the fields of optics and photonics
This degree programme is suited for graduates in the following subjects
- Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- related subjects such as Material Science
Graduates from this degree programme frequently work
- as researchers
- as developers
- as consultancy providers
- as project managers
- as executive staff
An internship ...
Studying abroad ...
can be done voluntarily.