You’ll find lots of tips and information about studying and living in Germany on the following webpages.
... looks into questions such as ...
- What is humanitarian action?
- Which humanitarian action principles and policies are currently in effect on an international level?
- What are the legal foundations of humanitarian interventions?
- How can humanitarian action be efficiently organised and implemented in a crisis or emergency?
- How can the impacts of humanitarian disasters and crises on public health be reduced?
Humanitarian Action, Master 1 subject
What's it all about?
This degree programme is unique, because ...
the Master’s degree programme Humanitarian Action is a Joint European Master’s Degree that provides an excellent inter-university and interdisciplinary academic qualification for people who are working or wish to work in the field of humanitarian action. The Humanitarian Action Master’s degree combines scientifically sound theoretical expertise and practical skills; it is supported by the renowned Network on Humanitarian Action (NOHA), which is backed by ten European universities.
It provides the opportunity to specialise in the following fields
- Humanitarian action management
- Humanitarian international law
- International relations in humanitarian action
- Public health/medicine in humanitarian action
- Anthropology in humanitarian action
- International organisations in humanitarian emergencies
Who is suited?
Those who wish to enrol in this degree programme,
experience (internship, volunteering etc.) in the field of humanitarian action or in related fields
interdisciplinary questions and issues in an international environment
... struggle through:
interdisciplinary requirements and a labour and time-consuming degree course
This degree programme is suited for graduates in the following subjects
- International relations/political science
- Sociology/social science
- Geography/regional science
- Communication and media science
Graduates from this degree programme frequently work
- in UN organisations
- in non-governmental organisations
- in governmental organisations
- in international organisations
- in academic and research organisations
An internship ...
is recommended. It is done from the 3rd semester.
Duration: at least 2 months
Studying abroad ...
is mandatory. It is done in the 2nd semester.
Duration: 4-5 months