Creating great photos surely is the dream of most people. The Musisches Zentrum shows you the ropes: here, aspiring photographers acquire the necessary know-how.
East Asian Studies
... looks into questions such as ...
- How was the evolution and development of literary genres in China influenced by the reception of Western literature in the 19th and 20th century?
- What did the Chinese, Japanese and Korean languages sound like 1000 and 500 years ago?
- What kind of exchange had been taking place between Japan and other Asian countries historically?
- Where does traditional and modern Korean culture figure within the East-Asian and global context?
- Which problems does East Asian politics currently revolve around and where do they rank within a regional and international context?
East Asian Studies, Master 1 subject
What's it all about?
This degree programme is unique, because ...
it is part of Germany’s only department of East Asian Studies and offers excellent opportunities to focus on individually selected areas of interest and to study the broader East-Asian context.
It provides the opportunity to specialise in the following fields
- Chinese literature, philosophy or history
- Japanese history or language
- Korean literature or intellectual history
- Religions of East Asia
- Religions of Central Asia
- East Asian Politics
- Looking into the fields listed above across all regions
Who is suited?
Those who wish to enrol in this degree programme,
a better-than-average B.A. degree in a relevant subject, motivation, the ability to work autonomously, stamina, a gift for languages, a good grasp of the German language, excellent English language skills
a change of perspective and contemplating unfamiliar issues, analysing, critical and reflective reading, in-depth research, self-reliant compilation of research results
... struggle through:
original sources, a second East Asian foreign language, a plethora of specialist literature
This degree programme is suited for graduates in the following subjects
- Sinology, B.A.
- Japanese Studies, B.A.
- Korean Studies, B.A.
- East Asian Economics and Politics, B.A.
Graduates from this degree programme frequently work
- in cultural institutions (e.g. museums and libraries)
- at universities and other educational institutions
- in the civil service and in international organisations
- in East Asia-oriented enterprises and in corporate consultancy
- in the media (press trade, entertainment, publishing companies)
An internship ...
Studying abroad ...
can be done voluntarily.
Where do I find help?
Academic advisory office
Skilled with the brush
The Musisches Zentrum is the port of call for all those who wish to explore their artistic talents: the fine arts segment offers, for example, graphic reproduction, nude drawing and nature studies courses.