Visitors to the RUB Chinese Garden delve into a different world. A waterfall, pavilions and brick carvings enchant everyone. Rated R for romantic!
... looks into questions such as ...
- Why are numerical mathematics and computer-aided simulations as well as precise understanding of materials necessary in order to fly into space?
- Which role do computer-aided simulations play in the development and optimisation of cars, airplanes and machined tools that are utilised in the fields of medicine, environmental protection, building design and alternative energy generation?
- How do computer-aided simulations help me to save time and money in the fields listed above?
- How do I gain the necessary understanding of mathematical, engineering and computer-related basic principles in an efficient manner?
- What does the Finite Element Method describe and which role does it play in the field of engineering simulations?
- How do I build up a foundation for an internationally successful engineering career whilst studying in a highly-qualified, English-language and multi-cultural environment?
Computational Engineering, Master 1 subject
What's it all about?
This degree programme is unique, because ...
it is the longest-established CompEng degree programme in Germany, providing, within an international, informal setting, a comprehensive, labour market-targeted training in computer-aided construction and mechanics and laying excellent groundwork for a future executive career in research institutes and the industry.
It provides the opportunity to specialise in the following fields
- Finite Element Modelling & Simulation
- Computer-aided Construction
- Computer-aided Mechanics
- Communication competencies in an international context
Who is suited?
Those who wish to enrol in this degree programme,
substantial know-how regarding construction engineering, mechanical engineering or a related engineering discipline and mathematics; plus an above-average command of the English language
FE analysis, computer-aided simulation, construction of architectures and an animated knowledge exchange within an international setting
... struggle through:
complex calculations, challenging theorems, programming scenarios and data-processing applications for the field of construction engineering
This degree programme is suited for graduates in the following subjects
- Construction engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- related engineering disciplines
Graduates from this degree programme frequently work
- in managerial and executive positions in the industry, as well as R&D institutes (e.g. the automotive, aviation and aerospace industries)
- in academic and scientific fields (universities and other research institutes)
An internship ...
is recommended. It is done during the degree course.
Studying abroad ...
can be done voluntarily.
A slice of Asia
Jump for joy
Everybody’s favourite spy 007 showed us how to do it, pop goddess Madonna showed us how to do it to music: parcouring has set a new trend in the world of sport. Participants in the university sports course will soon learn that there’s no obstacle too high for them to jump.