More than 80 types of sport for a healthy life-work balance: university sports at RUB.
... looks into questions such as ...
- Why are numerical mathematics and computer-aided simulations as well as precise understanding of materials necessary in order to fly into space?
- Which role do computer-aided simulations play in the development and optimisation of cars, airplanes and machined tools that are utilised in the fields of medicine, environmental protection, building design and alternative energy generation?
- How do computer-aided simulations help me to save time and money in the fields listed above?
- How do I gain the necessary understanding of mathematical, engineering and computer-related basic principles in an efficient manner?
- What does the Finite Element Method describe and which role does it play in the field of engineering simulations?
- How do I build up a foundation for an internationally successful engineering career whilst studying in a highly-qualified, English-language and multi-cultural environment?
Computational Engineering, Master 1 subject
What's it all about?
This degree programme is unique, because ...
it is the longest-established CompEng degree programme in Germany, providing, within an international, informal setting, a comprehensive, labour market-targeted training in computer-aided construction and mechanics and laying excellent groundwork for a future executive career in research institutes and the industry.
It provides the opportunity to specialise in the following fields
- Finite Element Modelling & Simulation
- Computer-aided Construction
- Computer-aided Mechanics
- Communication competencies in an international context
Who is suited?
Those who wish to enrol in this degree programme,
substantial know-how regarding construction engineering, mechanical engineering or a related engineering discipline and mathematics; plus an above-average command of the English language
FE analysis, computer-aided simulation, construction of architectures and an animated knowledge exchange within an international setting
... struggle through:
complex calculations, challenging theorems, programming scenarios and data-processing applications for the field of construction engineering
This degree programme is suited for graduates in the following subjects
- Construction engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- related engineering disciplines
Graduates from this degree programme frequently work
- in managerial and executive positions in the industry, as well as R&D institutes (e.g. the automotive, aviation and aerospace industries)
- in academic and scientific fields (universities and other research institutes)
An internship ...
is recommended. It is done during the degree course.
Studying abroad ...
can be done voluntarily.
Taking care of children or sick resp. old relatives while pursuing your degree? They don’t have to be mutually exclusive. RUB presents options of reconciling studying with family responsibilities.