Completing your degree means you will be seeking entry into a professional career. The Career Service at RUB provides career guidance, helps with job applications and organises numerous career planning workshops.
... looks into questions such as ...
Biodiversity, Master 1 subject
What's it all about?
This degree programme is unique, because ...
compared to other Master's degree programmes, the new "MSc Biodiversity" not only excels in terms of outstanding interdisciplinary research opportunities, but it also includes an area of research in the field of micro-organisms (fungi/protists) that is unique in the biodiversity discipline.
It provides the opportunity to specialise in the following fields
• Biodiversity on all levels
• Methodological competence (traditional field and lab work as well as state of the art methods)
• Taxonomy, phylogeny and classification
• Functional Diversity and Diversity of Natural Systems
Who is suited?
Those who wish to enrol in this degree programme,
• high motivation and interest levels
• comprehensive knowledge in bio sciences
• English-language skills
• research and practice
• diverse development opportunities
• intensive work in small study groups
• English-language specialist literature/scientific publications
• the Ruhr area's traffic jungle
• technical terminology
This degree programme is suited for graduates in the following subjects
Graduates from this degree programme frequently work
• in research (and industry)
• in nature and species conservation
• as biological map makers/service providers
• in public authorities (with environmental affiliations)
• NGOs, centres for environmental education etc.
An internship ...
is mandatory. It is done in the 3rd semester semester.
Duration: 20 weeks
Studying abroad ...
is recommended. It is done in the 3rd semester semester.
Duration: 2-20 weeks