Even Julius Brink and Jonas Reckermann started out small, before going for gold in London 2012. Let’s see whether the university’s beach volleyball team will get just as far.
Applied IT Security
... looks into questions such as ...
- How can information be represented, saved, transmitted and processed?
- Which system (Internet, computer networks, mobile phones, cars etc.) vulnerabilities are there and when are systems vulnerable?
- How do complex IT systems stay safe in accordance with pre-defined safety objectives (privacy, integrity, authenticity, anonymity)?
- How do cryptographic processes work (e.g. data encryption, digital signatures) and how are they implemented?
- How can systems be protected against hacker attacks?
Applied IT Security, Master 1 subject
What's it all about?
This degree programme is unique, because ...
it provides substantial expertise regarding IT security based on the three-pillar model: Computer Science - Information Technology - IT Security.
as a coordinated distance-education course, it provides the opportunity of aquiring additional qualification in a flexible and individual manner, whilst maintaining a full-time job.
It provides the opportunity to specialise in the following fields
- Network Security
- System Security
- Embedded Security
- Information Security Management
- Computer Forensics
- Data Protection
Who is suited?
Those who wish to enrol in this degree programme,
substantial understanding of computer science, information technology and mathematics
logical reasoning, understanding technological principles, making new discoveries and creating new designs, and promoting innovation
... struggle through:
different problems and scientific issues
This degree programme is suited for graduates in the following subjects
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- related subjects
Graduates from this degree programme frequently work
- as researchers
- as developers
- as consultancy providers
- as project managers
- as executive staff
An internship ...
Studying abroad ...
can be done voluntarily.
Where do I find help?
Academic advisory office
|Degree:||Master of Science|
|Start:||Winter- and summer semester|
|Classroom language:||German, English|
Bookmark and recommendYour bookmarks
Go for Gold...
Pull out all the stops!
A passion for violin, trumpet or baritone? The full monty of musical delights awaits music enthusiasts at the Musisches Zentrum. The music unit comprises a wealth of ensembles, including a choir and an orchestra.