Expanding your horizons and gathering experience while studying abroad.
Applied IT Security
... looks into questions such as ...
- How can information be represented, saved, transmitted and processed?
- Which system (Internet, computer networks, mobile phones, cars etc.) vulnerabilities are there and when are systems vulnerable?
- How do complex IT systems stay safe in accordance with pre-defined safety objectives (privacy, integrity, authenticity, anonymity)?
- How do cryptographic processes work (e.g. data encryption, digital signatures) and how are they implemented?
- How can systems be protected against hacker attacks?
Applied IT Security, Master 1 subject
What's it all about?
This degree programme is unique, because ...
- it provides substantial expertise regarding IT security based on the three-pillar model: Computer Science - Information Technology - IT Security.
- as a coordinated distance-education course, it provides the opportunity of aquiring additional qualification in a flexible and individual manner, whilst maintaining a full-time job.
It provides the opportunity to specialise in the following fields
- Network Security
- System Security
- Embedded Security
- Information Security Management
- Computer Forensics
- Data Protection
Who is suited?
Those who wish to enrol in this degree programme,
- substantial understanding of computer science, information technology and mathematics
- logical reasoning, understanding technological principles, making new discoveries and creating new designs, and promoting innovation
... struggle through:
- different problems and scientific issues
This degree programme is suited for graduates in the following subjects
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- related subjects
Graduates from this degree programme frequently work
- as researchers
- as developers
- as consultancy providers
- as project managers
- as executive staff
An internship ...
Studying abroad ...
can be done voluntarily.
Where do I find help?
Academic advisory office
|Degree:||Master of Science|
|Start:||Winter- and summer semester|
|Classroom language:||German, English|
Bookmark and recommendYour bookmarks
Completing your degree means you will be seeking entry into a professional career. The Career Service at RUB provides career guidance, helps with job applications and organises numerous career planning workshops.